Date: Thursday 9 June
Time: 10.00am – 11.30am
Price: £35 + VAT
Location: Virtual Online Event
What’s this session about?
Line Managers are usually closest to managing employee issues on the ground and it is therefore essential that they have appropriate support and training in order to do this effectively. These expert led sessions will provide delegates with the skills and confidence to deal with the issues they are likely to face in practice. Delegates can attend each session or choose the ones that they feel are the most relevant.
In this first session we will be covering disciplinary and conduct issues, and the session will include:
- Handling minor conduct concerns in the workplace;
- What a fair disciplinary process is, with reference to the ACAS code of practice;
- How to distinguish between conduct and capability issues;
- Identifying issues early and informal management;
- When it is appropriate to commence a formal disciplinary process;
- When to consider suspension and how to do that;
- The principles of a fair investigation;
- The disciplinary process itself and tricky issues that might arise such as sickness absence, remote working, overlapping disciplinary and grievance issues; and
- Sanctions and appeals.
The sessions will be interactive with relevant case studies and there will be opportunities to ask questions.
We hope you are able to join us. If you have any queries, please contact the Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.