Date: Thursday 16 June
Time: 10.00am – 11.30am
Price: £35 + VAT
Location: Virtual Online Event
What’s this session about?
Line Managers are usually closest to managing employee issues on the ground and it is therefore essential that they have appropriate support and training in order to this effectively. These expert led sessions will provide delegates with the skills and confidence to deal with the issues they are likely to face in practice. Delegates can attend each session or choose the ones that they feel are the most relevant.
In this second session we will cover grievances and how to handle to difficult conversations. The session will include:
- the definition of a grievance and when to act
- the procedural requirements
- informal resolution and mediation
- investigating, note-taking and record keeping
- decision making and appeals
- when it may be appropriate to act
- planning and preparation
- structuring the conversation
- communication skills The sessions will be interactive with relevant case studies and there will be opportunities to ask questions.
The sessions will be interactive with relevant case studies and there will be opportunities to ask questions.