With World Menopause Day last month, and the continued press coverage, Menopause at work remains a significant focus for employers.
Are Your Employees Supported Enough?
A recent poll found that of those individuals experiencing symptoms of the menopause:
- 23% have left jobs due to symptoms
- 1 in 5 said they were not given a pay rise or promotion
- 13% said they had to go through a disciplinary procedure
All this was despite the fact that nearly all businesses polled (95%) recognised that symptoms negatively impacted on work.
What Can Employers Do?
- Start the conversation – hold open forums, consultations, surveys.
- Introduce a menopause support policy.
- Train your line managers on how to support impacted employees.