As you know the Government has recently commissioned a consultation into Flexible Working.
This considers whether to broaden the current rules including:
- allowing requests as a ‘day-one right’
- placing the onus on employers to suggest alternatives
- reforming the list of ‘fair’ reasons for rejecting a request
In a recent poll, 77% of employers have had problems finding and keeping employees and nearly 58% of HR leaders think that increasing the availability of flexible working roles will help to resolve this deficit.
Are You Ready?
Whatever the consultation brings, now is the time to check you’re set up to meet any change.
- Is your Flexible Working policy able to adapt to any proposed changes?
- Could you consider rethinking your recruitment strategy to open up flexible working options?